Open Rank Faculty - Speech Language Pathology
The Rutgers School of Health Professions (SHP) Department of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences is inviting applications for a full-time faculty member of the Rutgers University Speech-Language Pathology (RU-SLP) program located in Newark, NJ.
SHP is one of eight schools that are part of Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences, the premier health sciences institution in New Jersey. The SHP Department of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences is a multidisciplinary department that houses the Speech-Language Pathology, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy Programs. Rutgers is an internationally ranked and recognized University that is a member of the prestigious AAU and the Big Ten conference. Through this faculty appointment, the school wishes to build on its strong history by increasing its capacity for excellence in clinical practice, teaching and research.
The RU-SLP Program seeks an innovative faculty member to provide cutting-edge education in our 5-semester, entry-level program emphasizing service delivery for multiethnic, socially diverse populations within an interdisciplinary healthcare context. The faculty member will be active in developing an innovative curriculum, pursuing a scholarly/research agenda, seeking funding for individual or collaborative projects, and creating academic-clinical collaborations. Optional opportunities for clinical supervision at the RU-SLP Clinic will be available. The multidisciplinary healthcare environment of this position facilitates numerous opportunities to collaborate with research/clinical faculty within the Program, the Department, the School of Health Professions, and across Rutgers University. Individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas will be preferred: developmental language disorders, speech sound disorders, motor speech disorders, and/or bilingualism. This position is an open-rank, 12-month, full-time, non-tenure track appointment with a year-long schedule created to enhance educational excellence and productivity.
• Teach graduate-level courses
• Develop and maintain scholarly and research activities leading to grant funding and publications
• Participate in service to the program, department, school and university community
• Strong commitment to curriculum development
• Strong commitment to ethnoracial and social diversity
• Doctorate in Speech-Language Pathology or related field
• ASHA certification in CCC-SLP
• Eligibility for New Jersey Licensure
• Demonstrated potential for teaching at the graduate level
• Demonstrated potential for scholarly and/or research activities
• Ph.D. in Speech-Language Pathology or related field
• Demonstrated record of teaching at the graduate level
• Demonstrated record of scholarly and/or research activities
Contact Name : Valerie Johnson
Contact Address : 65 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07107
Contact Email : email@example.com
Instructions : Application materials should be submitted at https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/126287. Questions can be addressed to Dr. Valerie Johnson, Chair of Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.