Open Rank-Visiting Faculty Speech-Language Pathology
The College of Allied Health Sciences Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is seeking an experienced speech-language pathologist (SLP) who holds a doctoral degree (SLPD or PhD), current certificate of clinical competence, and eligibility for Ohio licensure. Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in relevant areas as well as advising and mentoring students. Other responsibilities include ongoing involvement in University service, reserach, scholarly, and/or other professional or creative activities. Previous teaching experience at the university level is preferred. This is a 12-month per year position with rank and faculty track commensurate with credentials and experience.
The University of Cincinnati is a Carnegie Research-1 institution and the College sits on UC’s medical campus within a block of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, UC Health, UC Physicians, the UC College of Medicine, the Barrett Center, the Cincinnati Veterans Affairs, and the new UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute. A large number of vibrant collaborations exist with numerous opportunities for new ones. CSD fosters a supportive and collaborative environment with a variety of programming. In addition to audiology and speech-language pathology programs, the Department has a robust Ph.D. program with a strong enrollment history. The candidates will be able to independently teach undergraduate and graduate coursework in SLP and related areas. ABD candidates are welcome to apply, but the doctorate must be completed prior to the start date.
- Doctoral degree (SLPD or PhD)
- Expertise in one or more area of specialization in SLP
- Evidence of engagement in continuing education in scholarly activities
- Current ASHA certificate of clinical competence
- Eligibility for Ohio state licensure
- Evidence of working with students in classroom and clinical settings
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices in instructing/facilitating interprofessional education and practice
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Broad range of speech-language pathology teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, and with clinical and theoretical coursework taught through various modalities (e.g., in person, online, and hybrid)
- Experience in teaching interprofessional coursework, clinical experiences, and/or clinical practice
- Knowledge of various pedagogigal methods
- Teaching and/or clinical experience in a broad range of areas in SLP with potential emphasis in neurogenic disorders and/or a potential secondary specialty area in AAC
Reviews will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact Name : Lesley Raisor-Becker
Contact Address : Health Sciences Building<br />3225 Eden Ave<br />Cincinnati, OH 45267-0379
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 513-558-1938
Instructions : Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, statement describing academic and clinical teaching experience, interests, and approach, and the names and contact information for three professional references to https://jobs.uc.edu/job/Cincinnati-Visiting-Faculty%2C-Communication-Sciences-and-Disorders-OH-45201/586226300/
Application Deadline : 12/31/2019