The Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate. The successful candidate will work closely with Principal Investigator Dr. Kris Tjaden on an NIH-funded project investigating speech outcomes for individuals with neurologic diseases associated with dysarthria. Responsibilities will include, and are not limited to:
- Engage in collecting speech audio recordings for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other neurologic diseases associated with dysarthria.
- Engage in research examining the perceptual consequences of dysarthria.
- Perform acoustic analyses of audio recordings.
- Train students and other researchers in acoustic and perceptual methodologies.
- Participate in dissemination of results in the form of conference activities and manuscript
- Other duties as assigned including supervision of students, grant preparation, literature reviews, programming.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status. https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/34338
Contact Name : University at Buffalo
Contact Address : 122 Cary Hall, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 716-829-5564
Instructions : Please contact Kris Tjaden (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or apply through the link in the job description
Application Deadline : 1/1/2023