Postdoctoral Research Associate in Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Dr. Kathryn Franich at the University of Delaware is hiring a postdoc to start September 1, 2021 to work on a new grant titled "Speech and Communicative Timing Across Languages and Linguistic Contexts." The position is funded for up to two years. The project examines temporal coordination in speech and conversation across US dialects of English and several languages spoken in Cameroon.
Lab Website: https://sites.udel.edu/speech-lab/
- A Ph.D. in Linguistics or a related field
- Demonstrated interest and experience in studying speech production and perception from an experimental perspective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in data management, statistical analysis, and data visualization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct laboratory-based research at the University of Delaware
- Conduct field-based speech production and perception research in Cameroon
- Write and publish scientific articles describing methods and findings in high-quality journals (e.g. Laboratory Phonology, JASA, Journal of Phonetics, Language & Speech)
- Present work at national and international conferences (e.g. LabPhon, ICPhS, SMC)
- Assist in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, and the management of ongoing projects
- Support writing grant proposals for external funding opportunities
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science and the broader community of language scientists at the University of Delaware
Preferred Qualifications (One or more of the following, note not required for application):
- Experience with linguistic fieldwork
- Knowledge of Cameroonian languages (especially Grassfields Bantu)
- Proficiency in French (especially speaking and comprehension)
- Knowledge of speech motor control
- Musical experience
The University of Delaware is home to a vibrant community of language researchers, providing many exciting opportunities for PhD students during their graduate school education. More information about the program can be found here: https://www.lingcogsci.udel.edu/
Applications received by March 22, 2021 will receive fullest consideration, though position will be open until filled.
Please contact Dr. Kathryn Franich at the contact information below.
Please apply through the Careers website at the University of Delaware which can be found at the application link below.
Application Deadline: 22-Mar-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/job/496350/post-doctoral-researcher-linguistics-and-cognitive-science
Contact Name : Dr. Kathryn Franich
Contact Email : email@example.com
Application Deadline : 4/16/2021