William Paterson University of New Jersey invites applications for the appointment of Fellow in the College of Science and Health, Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences. This two-year teaching fellowship is designed to support the academic career launch of candidates from underrepresented backgrounds who are pursuing a doctoral degree in the field of communication disorders and sciences. The Fellow will be supported through a structured program of focused research, experiential pedagogy, and an introduction to university and professional service.
William Paterson University's inaugural pre-doctoral fellowship program will support five non-tenure track fellowship positions across the University. The goals of the program are to (a) support the academic career success of selected candidates, (b) advance the University's commitment to building a diverse campus community, and (c) expand the University's pool of highly qualified candidates for faculty positions. Fellows will gain supported teaching experience in a highly diverse campus, be provided individualized mentorship, and receive the same level of scholarship support and course release as tenure-track faculty members. A recommendation to convert the fellowship to a tenure-track faculty line may be considered after the end of the first year if the candidate has completed the terminal degree and the department and Fellow agree.
1. ABD with an academic background in communication sciences and disorders
2. Evidence or promise of research and scholarship in the identified area(s) of expertise meeting the curricular needs of the department
3. Ability to incorporate concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion to the field of communication disorder science.
1. Background in medical speech-language pathology, dysphagia or augmentative and alternative communication in children and adults
2. Prior college/university-level teaching experience
3. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
4. New Jersey Speech-Language Pathology license or eligibility.
Fellowship offers are anticipated by the end of April 2021 for appointments beginning August 2021. For more information about the department and its programs, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/communication-disorders/index.html
Instructions : Cover letter, CV and other relevant documents should be uploaded to https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=888
Application Deadline : 3/1/2021