Program Director, DMSC & DHSC Program
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Director of Doctor of Medical Science (DMSc) & Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) Program in the School of Health Sciences (SHS) is responsible for leadership management, and administration of the DMSc & DHSc program. Reporting to the Dean of the SHS, the Program Director is responsible for the academic quality of the program, program organization, administration, fiscal management, ongoing review and assessment, and planning and development. This is an eleven month, nontenure track faculty appointment. Academic rank (Associate Clinical Professor or Clinical Professor) commensurate with experience.
- Develops policies and procedures for effectively managing all components of the program in accordance with the University and SHS policies and procedures, including program admissions, retention, and completion, and to ensure just, equitable, and inclusive treatment of prospective and enrolled students;
- Participates in student recruitment and admissions processes in collaboration with Enrollment Management office, and leads efforts for yield and retention;
- Recruits faculty and staff as needed to meet the needs of the program and curriculum, supervises program faculty and staff and monitors their workloads and performance
- Oversees planning, development, and evaluation of curriculum, and program, ensures the quality of online teaching, and applies innovative instruction and technology in the delivery of the curriculum;
- Oversees data-driven program assessment and review processes to ensure student outcomes and program goals are achieved;
- Engages in interprofessional collaboration during the development and growth of the curriculum, and supports curriculum designs promoting and accentuating interprofessional collaboration of enrolled students;
- Ensures ongoing and effective communication and coordination with program faculty, administration, and others involved with the program and its students;
- Oversees the budget and manages program resources ethically and responsibly in accordance with University policies;
- Represents the program to the community and healthcare organizations, at regional and national educator meetings;
- Serves on committees and taskforces as requested by the Dean and serves on state and national professional committees as appropriate;
- Works with the Senior Dean for Advancement and collaborates with development teams and other departments to enhance corporate, employer, alumni, and other stakeholder relationships, thereby developing additional resource opportunities;
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality except as to authorized sources ;
- Teaches in the curriculum, participates in student advisement, evaluation, and counseling;
- Participates in service and scholarship activities;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., DMSc, DHSc).
- Three (3) years of experience in a leadership position supervising and mentoring faculty and staff in higher education.
- Two (2) years of experience developing and delivering online graduate level courses
- Licensed or eligible for clinical licensure within California in one (1) of the health professions represented in the school.
- Five (5) years experience as a faculty member in a university.
- Certification for online teaching and/or experience with and formal training on the Quality Matters (QM), Quality Learning and Teaching (QLT), or other rubrics for online teaching.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to interact effectively with prospective applicants, campus administrative offices, faculty and staff.
- Strong ability to plan, manage and implement strategy for building program, meet deadlines, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possesses the flexibility and ability to operate online learning management system and several databases, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Excellent ability to accurately interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Work is primarily performed on-line in a remote location. Availability for students, faculty and staff during program hours is expected, regardless of time-zone where the work is performed.
Participation in school-wide meetings virtually and occasional events on-campus as needed. Work performed mostly during standard business hours. Some events on weekends/evenings are to be expected and will be scheduled with advance notice. Occasional travel to the three university campuses, as well as off-site locations to support recruitment and alumni events.
For first consideration, please apply on or before June 9, 2022.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/22436
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Contact Name : Dr. Jeannene Ward-Lonergan
Contact Address : University of the Pacific
3200 Fifth Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95817
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : (209) 946-3227
Application Deadline : 6/30/2022