SLP Clinic Director & Clinical Assistant Instructor – Speech Language Pathology
The University of South Florida (USF) Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) is seeking a 12-month Clinical Assistant Instructor of Speech-Language Pathology who will also serve as the Speech, Language, and Hearing Center (SLHC) Director. The Clinic Director duties will include responsibility for daily clinical coordination and management of the USF CSD SLHC.
This position will focus primarily on the following:
• Developing and managing evidence-based diagnostic and intervention practices;
• Clinical instruction and supervision to MS-SLP students in a university-based, billing clinic;
• Planning and scheduling assignments for first- and second-year students and clinical instructors;
• Coordinating, monitoring, and participating in training related to USF Health policies and procedures for clinical operations;
• Complying with 3rd party insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and educating staff and clinical instructors as necessary;
• Monitoring changes in certification requirements and State of Florida license agreements;
• Developing, coaching, and serving as a resource liaison for clinical instructors;
• Managing client care activities, productivity, and documentation per related policies and protocols;
• Ensuring all client services comply with federal, state and local regulatory requirements and with accepted professional standards; and
• Participating in and leading ongoing quality assurance activities related to clinical care.
• These additional responsibilities are factored into the applicant’s full-time equivalent effort and accompanied by an annual stipend.
Additionally, clinical faculty regularly collaborate with academic faculty in the delivery of graduate coursework to exemplify the implementation of evidence-based practice in clinical care. The candidate will provide service to the university through faculty governance at the department, college, and/or university level and will provide service outside the university to the community and/or profession.
• Masters in Speech-Language Pathology
• Holds a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC-SLP)
• Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Instructor
• Must hold or have applied for Florida license to practice (Florida Dept. of Health) before the position start date
• Minimum of 5 years of practice experience post-certification as a SLP providing direct clinical care.
• At least five years’ experience supervising graduate students/interns.
• Experience with third party billing, private insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid.
• Minimum 1 year management/supervisory experience in a university clinic or equivalent
• Background in business, health administration, marketing, or public relations
• Experience working in non-academic, clinical settings, such as private practice, home-health care, hospital, and/or outpatient facilities
• At least 2 hours of CEU/CPD in clinical instruction and supervision
• Hold active NPI, Medicare, and Medicaid numbers
• Demonstrated knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and application of the KASA standards
• Native like proficiency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers and search for Job ID 32059. Please submit:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• The anticipated start date is May 2023 or earlier.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
• For questions about the position, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Carolyn Ford at email@example.com
• This position is open until filled but the first review of applications will begin on or around October 3, 2022.
CSD is well positioned within the University to continue its positive trajectory. CSD is housed within the College of Behavioral and Community Sciences (CBCS). CBCS is a research-intensive college committed to community-based work derived from evidenced-based practices. This strong ethos of research-to-practice positions CSD well to achieve its mission of “Creating pathways to communication by bridging research to practice.” Moreover, shared interests among departments of Aging Studies, Social Work, Child and Family Studies, Engineering, and Otolaryngology afford multiple opportunities for collaboration and cross-disciplinary fertilization. within the supportive College infrastructure.
CSD faculty include speech language pathologists, audiologists, sign language interpreters, scholars of Deaf culture, linguists, hearing scientists, speech scientists and psychologists. The department considers communication issues from both humanistic and medical perspectives, providing multidisciplinary perspectives on issues such as language, literacy, hearing, and speech. To do this, CSD collaborates across USF with entities such as USF Health and Biomedical Engineering.
CSD’s efforts are multifaceted. It houses multiple undergraduate and graduate programs including M.S., AU.D., Ph.D. and combined AU.D./Ph.D degree programs. Speech and Hearing Clinics provide evidence-based interventions in a context that trains students for cutting-edge clinical work in a variety of settings. Notably, the department is also home to an American Sign Language(ASL) interpreter training program, an ASL interpreter referral agency, and the Bolesta Center which provides listening and spoken language support to individuals with hearing loss across the lifespan.
CSD Department Success
Our Au.D program is ranked #18 in USNWR and our MS SLP program is ranked #55. Numerous faculty are ASHA fellows. CSD has a diverse portfolio of funded research from NIH, NSH, Department of Defense, Department of Education, and Industry sponsors. CSD's research profile remains impressive with approximately $11,500,000 in active sponsored projects.
“The College of Behavioral and Community Sciences at USF celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with our Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”
Contact Name : Carolyn Ford
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org