Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The University of Cincinnati Communication Sciences and Disorders is searching for a full-time faculty member who will contribute to the department’s teaching, service, and research missions. This is a 12-month, per year position with rank commensurate with education and experience.
This position is primarily responsible for teaching, scholarly activities, and service to the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders and College of Allied Health Sciences.
Teaching, scholarship, and service responsibilities include, but are not limited to, course development, primary instruction of didactic courses in both face-to-face and online delivery modalities; participation in student recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, student project mentorship and other activities as assigned by Department Head. Other duties, such as clinical supervision, may occur but are not central to the position. Instruction, scholarly activities, and service are required consistent with the missions and faculty evaluative criteria of the University, College, and Department.
- Doctoral degree in speech-language pathology
- ABD candidates are welcome to apply, but the doctorate must be completed prior to the start date.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more area of specialization in speech-language pathology.
- Evidence of creative engagement and continuing education in scholarly activities.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning management systems.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Current or eligibility for Clinical credential in speech-language pathology (CCC-SLP).
- Current or eligibility for Ohio license to practice as a speech-language pathologist.
- Experience working with learning management systems.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- Demonstrated student mentorship experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interest and ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to assist with tasks assigned by Department Chair.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equity, and inclusion.
CV/resume and cover letter in submission of application
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Contact Name : Jennifer Vannest
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions : To apply, follow this link:
Application Deadline : 5/31/2021