Speech-Language Patholgoy Faculty Position
The Department of Speech-Language Pathology at the University of Mary is inviting applications for a full-time faculty position at a rank commensurate with experience (assistant professor, associate professor, and professor). Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences & Disorders or Speech/Hearing Science. Candidates who have ASHA Certification (CCC-SLP) and eligibility for North Dakota state licensure in Speech-Language Pathology will be preferred. ABD candidates will be considered. Applicants with teaching, clinical, and research interests in any of the speech-language pathology areas will be considered. Responsibilities include graduate and undergraduate teaching, maintaining an active research agenda, academic advising, oversight of student research projects, professional and scholarly activities, service to the university and community, and accreditation and candidacy duties.
The mission of the School of Health Sciences is to prepare competent, caring, ethical healthcare professionals who will be servant leaders to their clients and professional constituencies. Assessment and intervention learning experiences are supported by current research and evidence-based practice.
Qualifications and Requirements Include:
- Graduate and undergraduate teaching, academic advising, oversight of student research projects
- Development of a research lab
- Accreditation duties
- Professional and scholarly activities and service to the university and community
- A doctorate in speech-language pathology or speech science; ABD candidates will be considered and are strongly encouraged to apply
- Eligibility for North Dakota state licensure is preferred
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the School of Health Sciences and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
The University of Mary is a private, Christian, Catholic, Benedictine university that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. Infusing Benedictine values throughout the educational experience, Mary offers distinguished, professionally-focused academic programs enlivened by the liberal arts, global and civic service, robust internships, and mentoring by respected faculty. As one of the most affordable private universities in the nation, Mary offers exceptional educational value as well as outstanding scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
All faculty are expected to demonstrate a willingness to support and advance the Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine mission and identity of the University of Mary (see www.umary.edu/about/mission/missionidentity.php ).
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Qualified applicants should submit:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Portfolio – consisting of the most recent set of teaching evaluations, 2-3 sample syllabi, and a statement of teaching philosophy
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your cover letter and resume and click submit.
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/az8Zjz2rQ9/Speech-Language-Pathology-Faculty or copy and paste it into your browser.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Name : Dr. Jessica Smith
Contact Address : 7500 University Dr
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 701-355-8154
Application Deadline : 1/1/2021