Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Supervisor
Francis Marion University and the Department of Speech-Language Pathology invite applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Clinical Supervisor. The successful candidate will guide and supervise graduate students as they develop speech-language pathology competencies.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Provide instructions for current best practices for Speech-Language Pathology services.
- Observe and provide guidance for clinical activities of Student Clinicians.
- Provide guidance for developing diagnostic and intervention plans.
- Provide guidance for Student Clinician Plan of Cares (POC), Lesson Plans, SOAP Notes, and Discharge Summaries.
- Review intervention videos and provide clinical feedback to Student Clinicians.
- Monitor student interactions with Clinic Patients and Caregivers.
- Provide formative and summative evaluations for Student Clinicians.
- Input Student Clinician clock hours in CALIPSO.
- Document and track Student Clinician clinical competencies in CALIPSO.
- Maintain Student Clinician files in compliance with FERPA.
- Maintain Clinic Patient files in compliance with HIPAA.
- Participate in weekly meetings with academic faculty regarding student progress to merge evidence-based practice and academic coursework into clinical experiences.
- Submit documentation and billing for reimbursement.
- Earned Masters in Speech-Language Pathology
- Advanced knowledge in computer documentation
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge regarding FERPA and HIPAA
- Two years of experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist
- Current ASHA Certification
- Current South Carolina Speech-Language Pathology License
Formal Accountability: Reports to Department Chair and Coordinator for Clinical Education
Start Date: August 15, 2021
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 21-87) expressing teaching experience and research interests;
2) Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate;
3) Curriculum vitae;
4) Three letters of reference (may be sent separately); and
5) FM Faculty Application.
To obtain the FM Faculty Application, please click here
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration and Planning, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547; You may also email to email@example.com; or FAX to (843) 661-1202.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
As Francis Marion University has continued to be recognized for its diverse student body, it especially welcomes applicants who can affirm and enhance its mission and encourages applications by women and minorities.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution
Contact Name : Frances Burns
Contact Address : PO Box 100547
Florence, SC 29502
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 843-661-1897