Tenure Track Faculty: Speech, Language, Hearing, & Occupational Sciences
Title: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
Position Type: Academic
Closing Date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Schedule: Full time academic year position beginning spring semester 2023
Entry Rate: $70,000 for entry level; range depending on experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance/Mandatory Retirement Contribution
Primary Duties: Teaching, scholarship, and service. Teaching responsibilities may include a combination of undergraduate, graduate, and clinical courses.
- All candidates with specialties in the fields of audiology, speech-language pathology, and other communication disorders are encouraged to apply
- A research doctoral degree (or ABD) in hearing, speech, and language, sciences, communication disorders and sciences, or related field
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to teach independently in a graduate clinical program
- Capable of acquiring extramural funding
- Record of scholarship and professional/clinical service sufficient to merit appointment at the Associate or Assistant Professor level
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- The following areas of expertise are strongly encouraged to apply: hearing science, audiology, aural rehabilitation
- We are also pleased to invite other specialty areas in the fields of speech, language, and hearing sciences - as well as related fields
- Clinical certification in audiology or speech-language pathology
- Evidence of successful academic/funding/administrative experience at the University level
- Established record of obtaining extramural funding
About UM and Missoula
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with approximately 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 500+ full-time faculty members. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000 people, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014. National publications recognize Missoula for its excellent quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with an eye on creating success for every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each person brings to the workplace. UM strongly encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. This position is eligible for disability and veterans' preferences in accordance with Montana State Law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Contact Name : Ginger Collins
Contact Address : 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, MT 59812
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 406-243-2626
Instructions : How to Apply
Application review will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants are required to submit the following application materials online through the UM Jobs portal at http://umjobs.silkroad.com:
Letter of interest that addresses the required qualifications
Statement illustrating commitment to diversity and inclusion in teaching, service, and program development. Please include examples that demonstrate this commitment.
Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Application Deadline : 12/30/2022