Visiting Clinical Instructor I – Speech Language Pathology VFN Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
The University of South Florida (USF) Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders is seeking a 12-month Visiting Clinical Instructor, Level I in Speech-Language Pathology beginning May 7, 2021. This position will provide clinical instruction and supervision to graduate student clinicians enrolled in the SLP clinical practicum involving direct care and the diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders; mentor Master’s students; and engage in service to the department, college, university, community and profession. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Master’s degree in Communication Sciences & Disorders or related
• Eligible for Florida State Professional License in Speech-Language Pathology
• At least two years of professional clinical experience post clinical fellowship in the areas of adult disorders (i.e., dysphagia, aphasia, voice, etc.)
• Experience in supervision of graduate students in clinical or university settings
• 3 or more years professional clinical experience post clinical fellowship
• Experience in documentation and assessment of student performance (ASHA Knowledge & Skills Assessment)
• Demonstrated experience of implementation of evidence based practice
• Experience in the areas of AAC, ALS, and dysphagia
• Interest in potential for academic faculty and clinical faculty collaboration
• ASHA approved SUPERVISION CEUs- 2 hours
Since 1967, the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders has been training future speech-language pathologists and audiologists, providing speech and hearing services to the Tampa Bay community. The Department trains future professionals and serves the Tampa Bay community through the USF Hearing Clinic, USF Speech-Language Clinic, Bolesta Center at USF (Listening and Spoken Language Center), Hands On USF (sign language interpreting service), and the Global Center for Hearing and Speech Research. Further information about our programs are available at www.usf.edu/cbcs/csd
To apply for this position, applicants must apply through the USF online application system at: www.usf.edu/work-at-usf and search for Job ID 26508. Please include: A cover letter, CV and a statement that demonstrates evidence-based practice and approaches to clinical instruction and supervision. For questions regarding the position, please contact Search Committee Chair Teresa Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is March 10, 2021. Salary is competitive and
commensurate with qualifications.
According to Florida Law, applications and search committee meetings are open to the public. For ADA accommodations, please contact Laura Hemphill at: (813)-974-9637 or email@example.com at least five working days prior to need. USF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Contact Name : Teresa Anthony
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline : 3/10/2021